Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cool Thing- Clair's Creations

Ok, my friend Clair is the most creative person I know, especially when it comes to baking. I've been wanting to post some of the things that she has made for a while. For our daughter's 5th birthday she wanted to have a ladybug party, and Clair offered to make her cake along with some cupcakes- so we would have enough to feed the crowd.

They turned out so cute!





Carissa loved it!

We also had a squirrel invasion in our house this past May. I went down to our basement to grab something from the dryer one morning before taking the kiddos to school. When I opened the door I noticed that a bag of chocolate chips from our food storage was opened and scattered on the floor. My first thought was that the kids had gotten into them, but then I turned my head to the left to be greeted by a squirrel perched on top of a shelf in our basement. He looked as if he were ready to pounce on me at any moment, so of course I did what any sensible person would do. I screamed, turned and shut the door as fast as I could, then ran upstairs and called my husband! Animal control came and got rid of that squirrel, but 4 more followed. They were hiding in the ceiling of our basement. We had to set live traps for them and then take them to the local park to release them. Seriously, who gets squirrels in their house? This whole experience was captured on Facebook (it was way too crazynot to be), so when we showed up at baseball practice Clair had these cookies for us:



Complete with chocolate chips! :)

Clair makes all kinds of cool things. If you are interested in contacting her to make something for your next big event or squirrel invasion, you can find her at:
http://clairscreations.blogspot.com/p/clairs-cookie-co.html

1 comment:

  1. Lynette, you are so sweet. I wish I could take such great pics like your hubby! And Carissa is just the cutest thing ever - she definitely steals the show from the ladybug cake LOL.

    ReplyDelete