Friday, May 7, 2010

My Crocheted Baby Blanket Attempt






I have a love/hate relationship with crochet. I love it because it's fun to do, and I like the way the needle feels in my hand. I like to work on it while I'm watching TV. It's a relaxing, fun, little hobby for me. The hate part comes in because I always end up with uneven, crooked shapes instead of nice squares. I've tried counting my rows to make sure that they have the same number of stitches, but I always seem to add or lose one here and there. I've also worked on my tension. I finally decided to just make a blanket and see how it turned out. This is actually my 2nd attempt at making a whole blanket, and again I have a wavy-square. I tried to improve the look of it by going around it with a border, but it didn't get much better. Still, I don't want to give up on crocheting. It's so much fun, but I want to make an awesome project one of these days. This blanket has inspired me to sign up for a crochet class. I'm pretty sure that I'm making my mistake when I finish one row and move to the next one. I seem to add in a stitch where I shouldn't, making the rows uneven. Hopefully I can figure this out.

I am glad that I persisted and finished the blanket, though. It was still fun, even if it isn't a perfect blanket. I could still use it. We don't have any babies right now, but we're planning on working on that in the near future. This blanket will be a blanket for at home use instead of when we go out, and I definitely won't be giving any of my blankets away as gifts until I can learn how to make a really nice one, but I can still say that I did it, and I'll keep trying til I get it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment